2013

2013

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tracy and Wendy


I have discovered a new passion. And I never in a million years thought it would be running. It just started out as running on the treadmill to lose weight after I had Laycee, but it quickly turned into boredom on the treadmill and wanting to go outside to run. I finally just built up the endurance to go further and it was like a stress reliever. So then in Oct. I decided I would try a 5k run just to see what it was like and it was so fun I wanted to keep going. So then in Nov. I signed up for the 10K Turkey Trot at the Rec center in Smithfield. That was a so fun. It was pretty tough because the first 4 miles are up hill, but I loved it! In Aug. I want to do the Top Of Utah 1/2 marathon and then in Oct. I want to do the Moab 1/2 marathon. I would really love to do a full marathon but I'm a little nervous about how my knees would hold up. I've been having a little trouble with my IT Band. So maybe I'll just start out with baby steps. Anyway if you would of told me in high school I would be a runner when I was older I would of laughed in your face. I think it took me like 18 minutes to run a mile when I was in high school.(how humiliating)
These pics are from the Turkey Trot. Tracy is such a nerd. He had the video camera there to film me when I came in, but he couldn't remember what I was wearing so he started filming someone else. So these are the only pics we got.(I really did run the race).
In the spring we are hoping to take our girls to Disneyland and Sea World. Does anyone know any good deals going on right now? We figured everyone we know has taken their kids guess we better get on the ball and take ours. It's just not my ideal place for a vacation, but then again I'll take any vacation I can get. We just don't have the best luck with vacations. I don't know if any of you have heard about our adventure. We booked a vacation to six flags about 9 years ago through a travel agent. When we got there it was closed. You can just call us the Grisswalds. Good times Good times! Anyway going to Sandra and Matt's cabin and going on golfing trips to St. George are about as vacationy(is that a word) as we get. Not that those aren't fun because I love doing those things too. We are supposed to be getting a mini-van soon. Yes, I never thought I would be a mini-van mom, but with four kids it is a pain in the butt to have an SUV, anyways our Durango is on its last leg. So if we have our van by spring time I think we'll drive to Cali but if not then I think we'll fly(especially where tickets are so cheap). I do know that the Durango would be risky to drive that far. Anyway let me know if you know of any good deals.

Tracy's job is going good. I just pray it keeps going good with the way the economy is. And carpet is actually doing well too, even though it is winter. I have been cleaning houses again. I said after I had Laycee I wasn't going to clean anymore, but I love having my own money to spend(and Tracy's too). In fact Kathy, Tracy's sister who is like my sister, is quiting her houses(can you believe it?) and I am picking up 3 more of hers. So I will have a total of 5 houses. Hope I can do it and be a mom too. Kathy is going to be helping her husband Jay with their new business they just started. They're going to be rich and she has promised shopping trips and vacations. I'll be waiting Kathy(JK).
Tracy's foot has finally healed pretty good, but the bikes are up for sale. The girls and I are trying to talk him into getting a four wheeler. We'll see. He has started running and can now run 4.5 miles. Thats so awesome. Now I'll have a running partner(hint,hint deary).

3 comments:

Julee said...

I'm so glad you guys have a blog now! I can't believe that you want to do more marathons, ARE YOU CRAZY? But I have to say, I'm very proud of you. Maybe you can convince me to do it too! ;)

Tara Bergsjo said...

I am so glad you are blogging!! It is lots of fun! It is so awesome that you are running!! You have such a cute family!!

Walking With Tippytoes! said...

I'm glad you finally set up a blog. Thats awesome that you have picked up running. I would love to get into something like that. I just wouldn't know where to start and I'm not sure if I would have the motivation. Maybe someday.

Love ya